Volunteer Job Position
Social Media Manager
Expected monthly time commitment: 5-7 hours initially, 2-5 hours thereafter.
For most organizations, social media is a way to promote sales and services. At the Post 1 Foundation, social media is about promoting the Post 1 Foundation’s brand and reputation, which is focused on helping Veterans, VSOs and the community. The Social Media Manager will play an integral role in brand awareness to constituents, partners and sponsors. Brand awareness includes championing the Foundation’s mission, specific programs, and activate audience interest to drive education and engagement.
Role and responsibility:
- Work with fellow team members to develop and execute social strategies that drive brand marketing influencer initiatives
- Increase social media platform engagement
- Leverage the Foundation’s Google AdSense grant and track conversations with the goal of expanding the grant.
- Tell the Foundation’s story
- Experience in Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads and other digital marketing tools
- Strong understanding of digital landscape, media, trends and online consumer behavior.
- Pro-active in pursuing new opportunities, ideas, platforms, etc.
- Strong pulse on pop culture and social media trends
- Experience with Mail Chimp, WordPress and social media platforms
- Strong written and verbal skills